Objectives of the School
At Colegio Interamericano we strive to:
- Develop self reliance and self respect among its students and staff;
- Help students develop the skills and tools necessary for intellectual discipline;
- Provide opportunities for students to make informed decisions;
- Provide a curriculum that enables students to speak, read, and write with fluency in Spanish and English;
- Provide an environment that allows students to develop a sense of responsibility, honesty, and integrity;
- Provide opportunities for students to develop healthy bodies and social skills;
- Help and support students in developing moral and ethical values;
- Provide opportunities to allow students to develop a civic understanding;
- Provide students with a diverse, articulated, and integrated curriculum;
- Develop within students an understanding and commitment to protect the finite resources of our natural environment;
- Provide an environment that encourages, values, and supports teachers, administration, and staff to grow continually as professionals and as individuals;
- Foster parent awareness and support concerning students’ intellectual, emotional, and moral development.
Statement of Philosophy
At Colegio Interamericano we believe that:
- A quality education contributes to the emotional, physical, and social development of the child.
- Innovation, flexibility, and continuous improvement should be tools used in meeting the challenges presented by change.
- On-going communications with parents is necessary for sharing information regarding student success and school news.
- Fluency in Spanish and English must be an integral part of our curriculum planning and student expectations.
- Integrity, honesty, respect, and responsible behavior are fundamental in all that our students do.
- Respect for our differences should be modeled and expected among students and staff.
- Learning is a lifelong process in which our school plays a fundamental role.
- All students deserve the opportunity to reach their intellectual and creative potential.
- All children are able to learn to experience success.
- Learning happens best when students are able to understand the relationships between their subjects, and to relate learning to their lives.
- Students learn best in a positive, safe, and caring learning environment.